Board index    

I think I'm losing my mind!

This section is for anyone wishing to discuss other health concerns that may or may not be related to BFS.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I think I'm losing my mind!

Postby Hilda07 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Thank you all for the replies! I understand that the anxiety is what I really need to work on. I know Iam a really black and white thinker and that's the hardest with this that there's no simple test and you know if you have a scary disease or not.

The clinical test I did was ok. But an orthopedic said that I had brisk reflexes in my left knee ones. But after that time have 3 doctors and one neuro checked and they didn't think it was brisk... Can the reflexes changes like this? Bad or good sign? Also I have very thin hands so the neuro thought that could be atrophy between my index finger and thumb. But they put the needle in that muscle during the emg and was totally clean. Could you have THE DISEASE I DON'T HAVE atrophy and no signs on emg? All the other strength test and so on was fine...still worry though.
Hilda07

Re: I think I'm losing my mind!

Postby Monty1973 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi Hilda

I know that one of the doctors I have seen refused to do any basic neurological reflex tests on me at the time as he said they would not be accurate because the anxiety I was experiencing could affect my reflexes. I was also told at my neurologist appointment in July that a EMG test is the gold standard test for ruling out any major neuro muscular disorders. In fact the professor, who conducted my EMG said to me during the test that there were no signs that I had any major neuro muscular disorders. My EMG just showed that my nerves are very hyperexcitable.

I think you are right to say about working on the anxiety. I have pretty much overcome my fears about the disease I don't have although I am concerned about the widespread pain in my body that I have experienced since all my symptoms started.
Monty1973

Previous

Return to Health Anxiety Discussion